Fire Extinguisher Safety for Canada
Imagine there is a fire in your workplace. Do you know whether you should try to fight it or flee the building? Such a decision can make the difference between life and death. You need to be able to make the right choice. But, you can’t do so without the right knowledge. You need to know the hazards of fighting fires and the limitations of portable fire extinguishers. That’s why you’re taking this course. Our goal is to make sure that if a fire breaks out in your workplace, you know exactly what to do to stay safe.
2. Fight or Flee?
3. Elements of Fire
4. Fire Type and Responses
5. PASS Method
6. Care and Training
- Decide when to fight or flee a fire.
- Recall the four elements needed to start and sustain a fire.
- Choose the appropriate fire extinguishers for different types of fires.
- Recall how to use the PASS method to operate fire extinguishers.
- Recall general guidelines about how to inspect and maintain fire extinguishers.
- Identify best practices for hands-on fire extinguisher training.
OSHA Outreach Courses makes it simple to take and pass your course.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia