Drugs and Alcohol: The Facts
Substance abuse professionals are licensed physicians or licensed or certified psychologists, social workers or employee assistance professionals. Substance abuse causes harm to more people than just the abuser. This course teaches workers what substance abuse is and it outlines the costs of substance abuse to employers and co-workers. It also provides facts about commonly abused substances and how to reduce the risks of substance abuse. Ideal learners are all employees, including managers and supervisors.
3. Effects of Substance Abuse
4. Consequences in the Workplace
5. The Most Commonly Abused Substance
6. Alcohol Abuse
7. Illicit Drug Use
13. How to Help
14. Steps Toward Risk Reduction
- Define substance abuse.
- Identify the effects of substance abuse.
- Specify the costs of substance abuse in the workplace.
- Explain ways to reduce the risk of substance abuse.
- Identify additional resources for education, prevention and intervention.
OSHA Outreach Courses makes it simple to take and pass your course.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia