Cold stress is the loss of body heat to the environment. Low temperature, wind and wetness have a combined effect on the body to create cold stress, injuries and illness. Cold-related disorders such as hypothermia and frostbite can kill or injure workers. Employers and employees should be aware of cold stress hazards, cold-related disorders and how to treat and prevent them. Ideal learners are employees who may be exposed to cold temperatures.
LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED
FREE STUDY GUIDE
24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT
3. Sources of Heat Loss
4. Consequences of Exposure
5. Severe Effects of Cold Exposure
6. Contributing Factors
- Recognize extreme cold.
- Identify the sources of heat loss.
- Explain what may happen when you are exposed to cold.
- Identify symptoms and treatments for hypothermia frostbite and trench foot.
- Identify factors that contribute to cold stress.
- Use precautionary guidelines to prevent cold stress.