Combustible dust is a very serious danger, and one that many people have never heard of. Any material that burns in a solid form can be explosive when in a finely divided form. This course provides a general understanding of the hazards, precautions, and potential consequences associated with combustible dust in the workplace. It will help learners recognize combustible dust hazards at their location and provide good housekeeping practices that will help minimize the likelihood of a fire or explosion in the workplace. This course does not provide technical information suitable to engineers who design, build, and maintain equipment and facilities. Ideal learners are all employees.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Identifying Combustible Dust
- 3. Combustible Dust Fire Hazard
- 4. Housekeeping Measures
- 5. Preventing or Minimizing Damage
- 6. Conclusion
- Define combustible dust.
- Detect combustible dust hazards in the workplace.
- Describe safety measures that prevent combustible dust events.
- Identify the proper PPE to wear to protect yourself.