Emergency Response for Multi-Story Buildings
Another day, another spreadsheet. And that was just fine with Jesse. She could get so engrossed in her numbers that she wouldn't hear her phone until the second or third ring. So when she heard a muffled explosion from what seemed to be right below her floor, she wasn't sure about it, and she kept on working. Then the building alarm went off, and she knew something serious must have happened. Her heart began to race and she tried desperately to remember what to do. Then she thought back to the evacuation training she had a couple of months ago: From that training, she knew she should walk to the hall and look for a floor warden. Sure enough, Bob Jenkins, in his orange vest, was out in the hall directing people to the back staircase. Jesse took a deep breath and followed her co-workers down the hall to the stairs. She knew exactly what to do and where to go. Her spreadsheet would just have to wait. If there was an emergency in your building, would you feel as confident as Jesse did? Would you know exactly what to do and where to go? Do you know who would be in charge? If not, then this course will provide you with the information you need to safely evacuate a multi-story building in case of an emergency. And if you do know the answers to these questions, this training will provide you with a firm understanding of your course of action, and probably even add to what you already know.
2. Floor Warden
3. Types of Events, Risks, and Challenges
4. Emergency Action Plan
6. Incident Review and Responsibilities
- Define the role of a floor warden.
- Identify the risks and challenges involved when working in a multi-story building.
- Recognize the types of emergencies that floor wardens address.
- Identify the components of an Emergency Action Plan.
- Understand and perform the role that bystanders play.
- Identify what type of equipment could be used by a floor warden.
22 NOVEMBER 2022
15 NOVEMBER 2022
14 NOVEMBER 2022
09 NOVEMBER 2022
19 OCTOBER 2022
19 OCTOBER 2022
Join our mailing list
Get announcements, industry updates and promotional offers.