First Aid - Module 08 - Bone, Joint and Muscle Injuries (US)
Bone, joint and muscle injuries can be very painful. Victims are counting on you to do everything you can to minimize the risk of further injury and help alleviate pain. Take this course to refresh your memory about what to do for various bone, joint and muscle injuries. Ideal learners are employees who have already taken in-depth first aid training.
2. Types of Injuries
- Recognize different types of potential bone, joint and muscle injuries.
- Know the guidelines for safe splinting.
- Recognize joint dislocations or sprains and muscle strains and cramps.
- Know what first aid to perform for joint dislocations.
- Know the importance of rest, ice, compression and elevation, or RICE, for injuries to the joints and muscles.
OSHA Outreach Courses makes it simple to take and pass your course.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia