HAZMAT Transportation Awareness (US)
Have you ever seen a story on the news about a huge oil spill or an explosive highway collision involving a tanker truck? Incidents like those are big news because they put our lives, environment and communities in danger. What you DON'T see on the news, however, is what people like you do every day to PREVENT these types of incidents. SAFELY handling hazardous materials and getting them to their destinations is why the U.S. Department of Transportation requires hazardous materials training.
Also Available in : Spanish
1. Introduction to Hazardous Materials
2. What Are Hazardous Materials?
- What hazardous materials and associated risks are.
- How they are transported.
- How they are regulated.
- What responsibilities employers, handlers, shippers and carriers have.
OSHA Outreach Courses makes it simple to take and pass your course.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia