HazMat Transportation - Part 6d - Carrier Requirements - Water (IMDG) (US)
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), along with other international and United Nations agencies, publishes hazardous materials or dangerous goods regulations to help guide us in the safe transport of hazardous materials. In this module, we'll focus on the actions we can take to protect our waters and marine life when transporting hazardous materials by any type of vessel or ship. Shippers – as well as carriers, masters, agents and charterers of vessels – must be familiar and comply with the Hazardous Materials Regulations (or HMR) governing the transportation of hazardous materials on commercial, domestic and foreign vessels in U.S. waters.
3. HAZMAT Responsibilities
5. Special Requirements
8. Emergencies and Repairs
9. Reporting Incidents
- The general requirements for operating vessels carrying hazardous materials, as well as handling, stowing and segregating hazardous materials.
- The special requirements for carrying hazardous materials on barges and ferry vessels.
- The detailed requirements for transporting select classes of hazardous materials.
- Once you complete this training, you should be able to:
- Determine who is responsible for preparing HAZMAT packages, shipping documentation and the vessel for transportation.
- Select the stowage location of hazardous materials according to the segregation restrictions.
- Identify the appropriate handling, loading, unloading and inspection requirements for hazardous materials.
22 NOVEMBER 2022
15 NOVEMBER 2022
14 NOVEMBER 2022
09 NOVEMBER 2022
19 OCTOBER 2022
19 OCTOBER 2022
Join our mailing list
Get announcements, industry updates and promotional offers.