Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Overview
Some people think of personal protective equipment, or PPE, as a nuisance. Maybe it is uncomfortable, or maybe putting it on adds time to a task. All too often, people think “I’ll skip it just this once” or “nothing is going to happen to me.” We have no way of knowing when deciding not to wear PPE is going to result in an injury or even death. That’s why it is important to always wear the appropriate PPE for any task. You are taking this training so that you can recognize workplace hazards and identify the PPE you need to wear to protect yourself.
Also Available in : Spanish , French , Canadian French , Chinese , Japanese , German , Italian , Korean , Portuguese , Russian
2. Workplace Hazards
3. PPE Requirements and Responsibilities
4. Head, Eye, Face and Hearing PPE
5. Hand, Body, Foot and Leg PPE
7. Wearing PPE
8. Maintaining PPE
- Identify different types of PPE.
- Select the appropriate PPE for the hazards present.
- Recognize the principles of proper PPE use, care and maintenance.
OSHA Outreach Courses makes it simple to take and pass your course.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia