Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) (US)
Working with electricity can be dangerous. Every year, between 300 and 500 people in the U.S. are killed by electrocutions at work. To handle electricity safely, you need to know how it acts, how it can be controlled, and its hazards. Workers performing service or maintenance on machinery and equipment may be injured by the unexpected startup of the machinery or equipment, or release of stored electrical energy in the equipment. In fact, failure to lock out machinery before working on it is a major cause of injury and death in the United States. These deaths and injuries can be prevented by establishing and following an effective lockout/tagout program. This training will tell you more about electrical hazards, safe practices when working with electricity, and the lockout tagout program and how it can save your life.
2. Electricity and Electrical Hazards
3. Electricity and Electrical Hazards - 1
4. Electricity and Electrical Hazards - 2
5. Grounding and Current
6. Electrical Safety
7. Lockout/Tagout Standard
8. Energy Control Program
9. Lockout/Tagout Devices
10. Applying Locks and Tags
11. Removing Locks and Tags
12. Personnel and Communication
13. Inspections and Training
- Describe how electricity works.
- Define conductors and insulators.
- Explain how electric shock occurs.
- Recall safe practices for working with and around electricity.
- Explain the purpose of lockout/tagout.
- List different forms of hazardous energy.
- Identify who and what activities are covered by the lockout/tagout standard.
- Describe the three elements of an Energy Control Program.
- Recognize the types of lockout/tagout devices.
- Explain who is required to lock out or tag out.
- List the steps for attaching and removing locks and tags.
- Discuss periodic inspections of lockout/tagout procedures as required by the standard.
- Understand the training requirements for lockout/tagout.
22 NOVEMBER 2022
15 NOVEMBER 2022
14 NOVEMBER 2022
09 NOVEMBER 2022
19 OCTOBER 2022
19 OCTOBER 2022
Join our mailing list
Get announcements, industry updates and promotional offers.