Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
Imagine a piece of equipment that has energized electrical parts. You have to make a repair. If the machine has power while you are working on it, you could be electrocuted. Given the following options, which would you prefer? You can turn the machine off and hope no one starts it while you are working; you can turn the machine off, unplug it, and put up a sign asking people not to turn it on; or you can turn the machine off, lock it so that no one can power it on, and tag it so that everyone knows you are working on it and should stay away. Which one would you choose? The safest option is the third option. When it comes to electrical safety, it’s worth taking the time to lock and tag equipment to prevent injuries or even death. This course is going to provide you with important information about electrical safety and lockout/tagout steps so that you can make smart choices.
|Plastic Durable DOL Card|
|Instant Downloadable Certificate|
|Discount on bulk buying|
|Buy Now Pay Later|
|24/ Customer Support|
|Tax Free Transaction|
|Exclusive Access to OSHA Community|
2. Electricity Basics
3. Electrical Hazards
4. Grounding and Current
5. Electrical Safety
7. Energy Control Program
8. Lockout/Tagout Devices
9. Applying Locks and Tags
10. Removing Locks and Tags
11. Personnel and Communication
12. Inspections and Training
- Describe how electricity works.
- Define conductors and insulators.
- Explain how electric shock occurs.
- Recall safe practices for working with and around electricity.
- Explain the purpose of lockout/tagout.
- List different forms of hazardous energy.
- Identify who should use lockout/tagout and when it should be used.
- Describe the three elements of an energy control program.
- Recognize the types of lockout/tagout devices.
- List the steps for attaching and removing locks and tags.
- Discuss periodic inspections of lockout/tagout procedures.
- Understand the training recommendations for lockout/tagout.
Our ReviewsView All
Join our mailing list
Get announcements, industry updates and promotional offers.