If you’re taking this course, you are exposed to heat at work. You may work outdoors in hot weather or indoors in areas that are hot. Heat can cause injuries and illnesses. It's important that you are aware of the potential health and safety issues and how to prevent and treat them.
2. How the Body Handles Heat
3. Health and Safety Concerns
4. Reducing the Likelihood of Heat Stress
- Know how the body handles heat.
- Know common health and safety problems associated with heat.
- Recognize the symptoms of health problems associated with exposure to heat and how to treat them.
- Know how to reduce the likelihood of heat stress.